Beautiful Mid Century Starburst Wall Clock
elgin wall clocks mid century starburst wall clock vintage by elgin wall clocks chimes
Huge, bold, and beautiful retro wall clocks can give a dramatic accent to the medieval modern style. There is no other accessory that evokes retro aura like a wall clock that is too big, and no designer is more influential in creating a style than George Nelson. Recognized as one of the founders of American Modernism, Nelson designed over 150 hours for the prestigious Howard Miller Company during the middle years. Her timeless design style makes them not only a retro classic, but also a perennial favorite that continues to be popular these days. Here are some of George Nelson’s most famous and famous designs:
0) Sunburst Wall Clocks – The modern and clean lines of medieval modern decoration call for a simple but dramatic accent, that is exactly what is provided by the stunning sun watch of Nelson. Crafted with a variety of materials from shiny silver steel to warm brass wood and even painted or lacquered wood, Nelson’s sun-hour is a large and thick piece of art that fills many wall space and makes a firm and modern statement. The classic Sunburst watch features a large hand on a small, simple face, from where the light comes. The basic designs available are almost endless varieties, including brass, silver mirror, multicolor wood, and lacquered wood.
0) Ball Wall Clocks – Among Nelson’s most famous creations are the Ball Wall Clocks series, all based on futuristic designs where faces are surrounded by tubular metal beams, each topped with a colored ball. This “atomic” look, a mild reflection of the medieval new interest in science and technology, remains very popular today.
Mid Century STARBURST Wall CLOCK Atomic Space Age Germany Modernist 60s Sunburst Gdr Wanduhr
Mid Century Starburst Wall Clock
0) Starburst Wall Clock – Nelson’s Starburst Wall Clock is similar to the line and size of its Sunburst, yet features a more complex geometric ray arrangement. Many of Nelson’s Starburst designs feature hands that are too big and face minimalist or even empty. Among the most memorable and classic of its Starburst designs are those that combine lacquered wood accents.
0) Asterisk Clock – The weird side of retro modern design is the core of Asterisk Nelson’s Clocks. Sometimes made of wood or metal but most commonly found in fiberglass, plastic, or other man-made materials, the classic Asterisk design generally includes a contrasting hand of greatness and a blank face without numbers. This style is very popular during the mid-century period and remains a favorite of decorators today as well. Asterisk’s style makes simple, sophisticated, and fun minimalist statements.
0) Eye Clock – For true retro fans, George Nelson’s Eye Clock is a must-have. This iconic style displays the “face” that is created on the outline of the human eye.
Other articles you might like;